Each trunk is displayed in WMS -> Trunks in the corresponding section (SIP) with real time registration status.
SIP trunks must be added manually. To add a SIP trunk, click “+” icon below the SIP trunk table.
Each trunk is displayed in the corresponding section of the page with the following information:
- Country code
- SIP registration status (outgoing or incoming, depending on the SIP trunk configuration):
- Green: trunk is registered
- Grey: trunk is not registered
SIP Trunk Settings
Wildix features numerous parameters, but we will only address those pertinent to your Skyetel connection with recommended settings below:
- Title: Enter a description of the trunk
- Trunk name: Enter a trunk name
- Auth Login: Enter your Username. You can view your SIP Credentials in the "SIP Credentials" view in the Endpoints section of our portal.
- Address or Host Name: reg.skyetel.com
Note: reg.skyetel.com is an SRV record. This is supported by Wildix, but if you are having difficulty implementing with this, you may alternatively setup trunks for nw1.reg.skyetel.com and se1.reg.skyetel.com.
- Password: Password for SIP authentication. When you create a new set of SIP Credentials, our network will automatically create a Username and Password for you. The password will only be displayed at the time of creation in the Portal, so please note this down.
- Keep-Alive: YES
- Enable registration: YES
- Audio codecs: ulaw
- T38: YES
- Incoming CID: p-asserted-identity,from
- Show original caller number: YES
- Support Refer and Hold: YES
- Session Timer: YES (min 90, max 300. Adjust to fit your needs)
- Rport: INVITE
- Registration Expiry (sec): 120 seconds
- Transport: UDP
- DTMF mode: rfc2833
Pro Tip: Ensure your selected SIP Format on your Skyetel DIDs matches how you have your DIDs entered in your Wildix Dialplan.