We thank Jared Busch from Bundy and Associates for writing this guide.
Note: All screenshots from FreePBX 15, current as of November 11, 2020. Your specific screens may vary.
Step 1 - Click on Connectivity then Trunks:
Step 2 - Click on Add Trunk and then Add SIP (chan_pjsip) Trunk:
Step 3 - On the General tab, give the trunk a name and specify the outbound CID to use if a call makes it to here without an external CID.
Please note - Without very specific reasons, you should never be using the manipulation rules on the trunk level. Leave this blank.
Step 4 - PJSIP Settings, General sub tab, fill it out appropriately.
- Username: Username from Skyetel SIP credential setup
- Secret: Password from Skyetel SIP credential setup
- Authentication: Outbound
- Registration: Send
- Language Code: Default
- SIP Server: term.reg.skyetel.com
- SIP Server Port: 5060
- Context: from-pstn-e164-us
- Note about the context used: from-pstn is "normal", but as you can see, I changed this to from-pstn-e164-us. If you do this, you also need to set the SIP Format of the phone numbers that will come in to this trunk to use +1NPANXXXXXX in the Skyetel Portal.