We thank Jared Busch from Bundy and Associates for writing this guide.
Note: All screenshots from FreePBX 15, current as of November 11, 2020. Your specific screens may vary.
After setting up the inbound trunk, you might want to just be done with all of this, but all the hard work is done. For the outbound trunk we can duplicate and edit, saving much time.
1. Click the edit icon to the right of the trunk.
2. Click the Duplicate at the bottom of the screen.
3. Now you can click on the edit icon of the duplicated trunk, currently named Skyetel_Inbound_copy_2.
4. On the General tab, change the Trunk Name to Skyetel_Outbound_NA.
- NA stands for North America. You will duplicate this trunk after it is done and setup that trunk for International and High Cost calls.
5. Change Continue if Busy to Yes.
- Pro Tip: this option may only apply if you have another provider to fallback in case of a busy trunk.
6. Switch to the PJSIP Settings -> General sub tab and change the SIP Server to out.skyetel.com
7. Switch to the Advanced sub tab and remove the list of IP addresses and CIDR blocks from Match (Permit).
8. Click on the Submit button.
9. Click on the Apply Config button.
10. You will see your trunk listed in the list and show as Enabled.